Metamorphosis Therapy Centre
for children, adolescents, adults, couples & families
High Achieving Children, Adolescents, Adults, Families
Having worked in some of the leading independent and state schools in the country for over 35 years, first as a teacher, then as a counsellor/psychotherapist as well as having two daughters go through independent schools, Rayna is an expert in her field when dealing with high achieing children and adolescents and their families.
She is very well placed to understand and to deal with issues specifically affecting these children and their families. Rayna is a passionate advocate for highly academic children, especially those who come from financially comfortable families.
In Rayna's experience, high achieving children and those from wealthy families have just as many mental health issues as children with special needs or those from disadvantaged backgrounds, with whom Rayna also works and for whom she is an equally impassioned advocate.
Just like high achieving adults, high achieving children are often perfectionists who put a huge amount of pressure on themselves to perform. They are also often extremely competitive, thereby adding even more pressure on themselves. If you mix into this cocktail of stress issues such as parental expectations, even if these are not made explicit, parents who are themselves high achievers and who unconsciously model this behaviour, family breakup, financial worries, together with the schools themselves, which have their own expectations for their students, you have a recipe for a number of issues for these children.
- Counselling/Psychotherapy (children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, school staff)
- Consultancy for Schools (we offer advice on all pastoral matters including PSHE SOW, early intervention strategies, effective use of the school counsellor)
- INSETs, PSHE Workshops & Training (mental health issues & all pastoral matters)
- Supervision for Pastoral Staff (individual & group)
- Workshops & Talks for Students & Parents
- Crisis intervention (suicide, illness, accidents, death)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE SERVICES, COMPLETE THE 'REQUEST INFORMATION' FORM OR CONTACT US:
TEL: 07961 343894
WE SHALL BE DELIGHTED TO DISCUSS YOUR INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS WITH YOU AND, IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE , WE SHALL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.